Coursera is a for-profit educational technology company founded by computer science professors Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller from Stanford University that offers massive open online courses (MOOCs). Coursera works with universities to make some of their courses available online, and offers courses in physics, engineering, humanities, medicine,biology, social sciences, mathematics, business, computer science, and other subjects.
- In short, Coursera is a free online learning tool for everyone who has an account registered.
- Account registration is also free of cost.
- All courses offered by Coursera are “accessible for free”.
- Each course includes short video lectures on different topics and assignments to be submitted, usually on a weekly basis.
- Coursera courses approximate from six to ten weeks long, with one to two hours of video lectures a week. These courses provide quizzes, weekly exercises, and sometimes a final project or exam.
While Coursera does not published data on how many students are taking each course, I compiled this list of the most popular courses on Coursera by looking at each course’s search ranking on Google and the related activity on Twitter and Facebook.
1. Data Science
2. Machine Learning.
3. Learning How to Learn: Powerful Mental Tools
4. Writing Winning Resumes and Cover Letters
6. Ruby On Rails: An Introduction
7. Full Stack Web Development
8. Game Design and Development
9. Graphic Design
11. Python For Everybody
12. Developing Innovative Ideas for New Companies
13. An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python
14. Social Media Marketing
15. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
16. Strategic Leadership and Management
17. Web Design for Everybody (Basics of Web Development and Coding)
18. TESOL Certificate, Part 1: Teach English Now!
19. iOS App Development with Swift
20. iOS Development for Creative Entrepreneurs
21. Business Foundations
22. Foundations of Business Strategy
23. Algorithmic Thinking
24. Android App Development
25. Leading People and Teams
26. Business Analytics
28. How To Start Your Own Business
29. Inspirational Leadership: Leading with Sense
30. Photography Basics and Beyond: From Smartphone to DSLR
31. Social Media in Public Relations
32. Digital Analytics for Marketing Professionals
33. Foundations of Graphic Design
34. Foundations of Business Strategy
35. The Technology of Music Production
36. Innovation Management
37. Cracking The Creativity Code: Discovering New Ideas
38. An Introduction to Programming the Internet of Things (IOT)
39. Content Strategy for Professionals
40. Digital Marketing
41. Big History: Connecting Knowledge
42. Introduction to Sustainability
43. Server Side Development with NodeJS
44. Introduction to CSS3
45. Entrepreneurship: Launching an Innovative Business
46. Introduction to Marketing
47. Principles of Computing
48. Java For Android
49. Strategic Career Self-Management
50. Basic Statistics