Course not found.
Course not found.
Learn shell programming for Linux, Unix, & Mac. Learn how to write shell scripts like a pro & solve real-world problems!
- Write shell scripts that can be used on Linux, Mac, and Unix operating systems.
- Automate tasks using shell scripts.
- Create complex scripts that take advantage of advanced bash shell features.
- Some knowledge of the command line would be helpful, but not required.
- Access to a Mac, Unix, or Linux computer.
By the end of this course you will be able to create shell scripts with ease. You’ll learn how to take tedious and repetitious tasks and turn them into programs that will save you time and simplify your life on Linux, Unix, or MAC systems.
Here is what you will get and learn by taking this Shell Scripting course:
- A step-by-step process of writing shell scripts that solve real-world problems.
- The #1 thing you must do every time you create a shell script.
- How to quickly find and fix the most common shell scripting errors.
- For those of you who want to start scripting right away, watch the two video shell scripting crash course. If you do nothing else than watch these two videos you’ll be ahead of most shell programmers.
- How to accept input from a user and then make decisions on that input.
- How to accept and process command line arguments.
- What special variables are available, how to use them in your shell scripts, and when to do so.
- A shell script creation check list — You’ll never have to guess what to include in each of your shell scripts again. Just use this simple check list.
- A shell script template (boilerplate). Use this format for each of your shell scripts. It shows exactly what to include and where everything goes. Eliminate guesswork!
- Practice exercises with solutions so you can start using what you learn right away.
- Real-world examples of shell scripts from my personal collection.
- A download that contains the scripts used in the presentations and lessons. You’ll be able to look at and experiment with everything you’re learning.
- Quizzes after each section just to make sure you’re learning the most important aspects of shell scripting.
- Unconditional Udemy 30 day money-back guarantee – that’s my personal promise of your success!
Learn to Program Using Any Shell
What you learn in this course can be applied to any shell, however the focus is on the bash shell and you’ll learn some really advanced bash features. Again, whether you’re using bash, bourne (sh), KornShell (ksh), C shell (csh), Z shell (zsh), or even the tcsh shell, you’ll be able to put what you learn in this course to good use.
Perfect for Linux, Unix, Mac and More!
Also, you’ll be able to use these scripts on any Linux environment including Ubuntu, Debian, Linux Mint, RedHat, Fedora, OpenSUSE, Slackware, Kali Linux and more. You’re scripts will even run on other operating systems such as Apple’s Mac OS X, Oracle’s Solaris, IBM’s AIX, HP’s HP-UX, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and OpenBSD.
Free Bonus – Downloads of All the Material Covered
As an added bonus for enrolling in this Shell Scripting video training course, you’ll receive access to all the slides and shell scripts used in the lessons. You can download them and refer to them when you want to jog your memory or double-check your work.
Enroll now and to learn how to write shell scripts like a pro!
- Anyone interested in shell scripting or shell programming.
- Do not take this course if you are only interested in Windows scripting.