- How to use Docker and Compose on your machine for better software building and testing.
- Build a fancy multi-node Swarm cluster for production deployments!
- Skills to build advanced development environments with your code running in containers.
- Update and change your Swarm Services without downtime using rolling updates.
- Hand’s-on with best practices for making Dockerfiles and Compose files like a Pro!
- Experience using multi-host logging and event monitoring for Docker Swarm.
- Build and publish your own custom images.
- Understand the new Windows Containers, and try your hand at ARM Containers
- No paid software required – Just install your favorite text editor and browser!
- Local admin access to install Docker for Mac/Windows/Linux.
- Understand terminal or command prompt basics.
- Linux basics like shells, SSH, and package managers. (tips included to help newcomers!)
- Know the basics of creating a server in the cloud (on any provider). (tips included to help newcomers!)
- Understand the basics of web and database servers. (how they typically communicate, IP’s, ports, etc.)
- Have a GitHub and Docker Hub account.
Just starting out with Docker? Perfect. This course starts out assuming you’re new to containers.
Some of the many cool things you’ll do in this course:
- Edit web code on your machine while it’s served up in a container
- Lock down your apps in private networks that only expose necessary ports
- Create a 3-node Swarm cluster in the cloud
- Use Virtual IP’s for built-in load balancing in your cluster
- Optimize your Dockerfiles for faster building and tiny deploys
- Build/Publish your own custom images based on GitHub commits
- Create your own image registry
- Use Swarm Secrets to encrypt your environment configs, even on disk
- Deploy container updates in a rolling update always-up design
- Create the config utopia of a single YAML file for local dev, CI testing, and prod cluster deploys
- And so much more…
After taking this course, you’ll be able to:
- Use Docker in your daily developer and/or sysadmin roles
- Make Dockerfiles and Compose files
- Build multi-node Swarm clusters and deploying H/A containers
- Build a workflow of using Docker in dev, then test/CI, then production with yaml
- Protect your keys, TLS certificates, and passwords with encrypted secrets
- Keep your Dockerfiles and images small, efficient, and fast
- Develop locally while your code runs in a container
- Protect important persistent data in volumes and bind mounts
- Lead your team into the future with the latest Docker container skills!
Extra things that come with this course:
- Access to the course Slack team, for getting help/advice from me and other students.
- Bonus videos I put elsewhere like YouTube.
- Tons of reference links to supplement this content.
- Updates to content as Docker changes their features on these topics.
- Software developers, sysadmins, IT pros, and operators at any skill level.
- Anyone who makes, deploys, or operates software on servers.