Game development & design. Learn C# using Unity 5 (Unity 2017 compatible). Your first 7 2D & 3D games for web & mobile.
Course not found.
Course Description by Instructor-
Learn how to create video games using Unity 3D, the free-to-use game development tool. We start super simple so you need no prior experience or Unity of coding! With our online tutorials, you’ll be amazed what you can achieve.
Benefit from our world-class support from both other students, and Ben is on the forums regularly. Go on to build several games including a full 3D version of Pong with an online multiplayer scoreboard, and more.
You will have access to a course forum where you can discuss topics on a course-wide basis, or down to the individual video. Our thriving discussion forum will help you learn and share ideas with other students. Check out our reviews to see how people love this feature.
Unity 5: The first part of the course is taught in Unity 4. 6, as this is well established and stable. When you get to Bowlmaster we upgrade to Unity 5, and start using it’s great new features. You can use Unity 5 from the start if you wish, with only minor code differences.
The course is project-based, so you will not just be learning dry programming concepts, but applying them immediately to real indie games as you go. All the project files will be included, as well as additional references and resources – you’ll never get stuck. There are talking-head videos, powerful diagrams, quality screencasts and more.
Oh, and it’s just bigger and better than the competition. See the length and the reviews.
For each demo game you build you will follow this process…
- Be challenged to build the entire game yourself.
- Be shown step-by step how to build it.
- Be challenged to apply, and re-apply your knowledge regularly.
You will get full lifetime access for a single one-off fee. The creators are qualified and experienced coders and avid gamers, so are able to explain complex concepts clearly, as well as entertain along the way. Most courses teach scripting using only C#.
You will learn C#, including Test Driven Development, a highly valuable skill. By the end of the course you’ll be very confident in the basics of coding and game development, and hungry to learn more.
What this course DOESN’T cover…
Whereas this course is already huge, we can’t possibly cover everything in that time. Here are some things we will not be covering…
- Performance optimization.
- Editor plugins or modifications.
- Physics engine modification*
* Separate mini-course to cover these this now available.
Anyone who wants to learn to create games: Unity 3D is a fantastic platform which enables you to make production-quality games. Furthermore these games can be created for Windows, MacOS, iOS (even iOS 9), Android and Web from a single source!
If you’re a complete beginner, we’ll teach you all the coding and game design principles you’ll need. If you’re an artist, we’ll teach you to bring your assets to life. If you’re a coder, we’ll teach you game design principles.
Note: access to this course comes with an optional, free community site where you can share games and 3D models, as well as connect with other students.
Dive in now, you won’t be disappointed!
- Competent and confident with using a computer.
- Artists who want to learn to bring their assets into games.
- Some programming experience helpful, but not required.
- Complete beginners who are willing to work hard.
- Developers who want to re-skill across to game development.
- Learn C#, a powerful modern language.
- Develop a positive attitude to problem solving.
- Gain an excellent general knowledge of game creation.
- Learn how object oriented programming works in practice.
- Transfer your knowledge to .NET, other languages, and more.
- Mac or PC capable of running Unity 3D.
- A copy of Unity 4.6.3 for early content, free from Unity.
- A copy of Unity 5 for later content, also free.
- A copy of Blender, free from www.Blender.org
- Either some experience of coding, or the will to do self-study.